Soapstone is a metamorphic rock and a very unique and beautiful choice for kitchen countertop surfaces. This countertop material allows for a smooth and rich surface that you’ll enjoy. Soapstone is largely composed of the mineral talc and is thus rich in magnesium. This countertop material is desired by many homeowners for its beautiful, rich color and texture. If you are in the market for soapstone countertops, contact us. Soapstone colors range from pale green to light gray.
As far as aesthetic value, no two slabs are ever the same, which guarantees that once your soapstone countertops are installed in Chattanooga, Tennessee by Premier Surfaces they will be uniquely yours.
- Soapstone is siliceous, meaning it is unaffected and unharmed by acids contained in everyday items like wine, lemons or vinegar.
- Due to its density, this material requires no special sealant like granite countertops and other materials.
- Soapstone is heat resistant so there is no need to worry about setting a hot pot of noodles down on the countertop. It won’t scorch or burn.
- It is best to treat soapstone every six months with a special mineral oil to enhance the natural darkening process that all soapstone goes through over time.
- Cleaning soapstone countertops is simple and can be done with any ordinary household cleaning solution. However, you should be sure to avoid cleaners containing grit or elements which could scratch the stone’s surface.
- This stone is also environmentally friendly. Once soapstone is harvested all it needs is simple cleanup and trimming, which means that it arrives at your door in its natural state. In addition, it can be recycled completely, which is rare for any countertop material.