It’s another year and another list of what is in and what is out in 2017! Honestly, like a little black dress, as long as you keep your overall kitchen and bathroom design classic, you are sure to never go out of style. Below is a list of what is hot for this year in design and countertops:
- Warmth is back
- Tuxedo Kitchens
- Mixed Metals
- Go Geo!
- Soapstone is Hot
- Quartz is still on Top
- Warmth is back in! The past few years have been really grey and some designers almost think too grey. This color is considered a neutral and will never fully be out of style, but this year think griege! Yes, grey is going to take on a warmer hue along with accent colors like greens, oranges, and reds. Here are some of our top colors of the new year
- Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore: One of the most popular colors for designers, you can’t go wrong with this color choice. A true warm grey, it works great in any room. When in doubt, go Revere Pewter
- Farrow Grey by Farrow and Ball: Another old world classic greige brought to you by Farrow and Ball. In general, this is some of the best paint you will ever use.
- Hazy Skies by Benjamin Moore: If you are looking for a lighter greige, then this is a perfect color. Great for rooms that receive less natural light
- Perfect Greige by Sherwin Williams: I guess you can’t go wrong with this color, because um..well..it is perfect!
- Tuxedo kitchens are in! A classic black and white kitchen never goes out of style, but currently, it is taking over the trend of the stark white kitchen. White shaker cabinets and a painted black island are a beautiful contrast. Homeowners are completing the look with marble, quartz, soapstone, and/or wood countertops.
- Mixed Metals! No longer is matchy-matchy a must. Now you can mix it up and have fun. Bronze, brushed nickel, chrome, and even brass can be combined to give you a unique and stunning look to your kitchen or bathroom.
- Go Geo! Geometric patterns are in especially hexagonal tile for kitchen backsplashes and bathrooms. Also, taking your tile to the ceiling is a thing. Not only does it make the space look larger, but also more dramatic!
- Soapstone is hot! Soapstone countertops are on the rise. This nonporous stone requires minimal upkeep. You can wax or oil it depending on the look you would like to achieve. The most popular colors right now are grey and black with minimal veining.
- Quartz is still on top! Caesarstone, Cambria, and Silestone are all coming out with some beautiful colors for countertops. You are getting to where you can’t tell if a countertop is marble are not. Check out Brittanicca by Cambria
If you would like to learn more about the 2017 Design Trends and how we can help, contact us at http://www.premiersurfaces.com/